Ombudsman Link Service
The Ombudsman Link Service is a project which allows members of the public easier access to the services of the Office of the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman Link Service builds on the existing monthly services by enabling people to call into certain Citizens Information Centres (CICs) at any time to make a complaint to the Ombudsman.
Participating CICs have special signage, information leaflets and user-friendly complaint forms and the staff and volunteers of these centres have received special training from the Office of the Ombudsman so that they can assist members of the public in making their complaints. The training also enables the CICs to identify matters that their clients raise with them which may be referred as complaints to the Ombudsman.
At present, the Ombudsman Link Service is available at the following Citizens Information Centres:
- Cork (City Centre) Citizens Information Centre, 80 South Mall, Cork.
- Cork (Blackrock) Citizens Information Centre, Convent Road, Blackrock, Cork.
- Limerick Citizens Information Centre, 54 Catherine Street, Limerick.
- Newcastlewest Citizens Information Centre, Weigh House, Market Yard, Newcastlewest, County Limerick.
- Galway Citizens Information Centre, Augustine House, St. Augustine Street, Galway.
- Clifden Citizens Information Centre, c/o Cashel/Connemara Credit Union, Top Floor, Sea View, Clifden.
You can now call to any of these Centres, during their normal opening hours, and receive an easy to complete Complaints Form on which you can record the details of your complaint. You can send the completed form directly to the Ombudsman's Office at 18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2 in a pre-paid envelope which will be provided, or you can leave it at the Centre and they will forward it on to us. You can get further information from the Citizens Information website.